Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Colossians 4 [Text]

COLOSSIANS 4
 [Post below]
The blog is my main site- on some sites if you click the link it gives a ‘warning’- if that happens- simply type the address in or search on google- the site is safe- the most up to date posts are on the Blog.
Friend us on VK https://vk.com/id533663718  
Follow us on Tumblr http://johnchiarello.tumblr.com/ 
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/ccoutreach87 
Watch our videos here-
 [Links to all my sites at the bottom of this post]
 NOTE- Every so often some of my sites think I am Spam- or a Bot- I am not. My name is John Chiarello and I post original content [all videos and text are by me]. I do share my past posts from my other sites- but it is not spam- Thank you- John.


Psalm 60:4
Thou hast given a banner to them that fear thee, that it may be displayed because of the truth. Selah.
Colossians 4 videos-
ON VIDEO
.The runaway slave and his master
.The door to speak
.Demonstration of the Kingdom in power
.The Barnabus- Paul and John Mark controversy
.Paul claimed no ‘ownership’ [Copyright] for his letters- therefore the Word of the Lord went forth freely [He urged his letters be distributed and read in the early Christian communities- which functioned as an oral culture at first- then his letters would be re- copied and make up 13 books of the New Testament- almost half of the 27 books- if you count Hebrews- more than half- Pastors- Churches- stop copyrighting and selling the Word of God]
.Finish the work God has called you to
.Final thoughts
Isaiah 48:16
Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord God, and his Spirit, hath sent me.
Amos 5:9
That strengtheneth the spoiled against the strong, so that the spoiled shall come against the fortress.

As we end our study on Colossians- we see some key figures who were helpers of Paul- carrying his letters to the various churches-
Colossians 4:7 All my state shall Tychicus declare unto you, who is a beloved brother, and a faithful minister and fellowservant in the Lord
Colossians 4:8 Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that he might know your estate, and comfort your hearts;
We read about Tychicus in Acts 20:4
Acts 20:4 And there accompanied him into Asia Sopater of Berea; and of the Thessalonians, Aristarchus and Secundus; and Gaius of Derbe, and Timotheus; and of Asia, Tychicus and Trophimus. https://ccoutreach87.com/2017/08/20/acts-20/
The was another carrier of this letter-
Colossians 4:9 With Onesimus, a faithful and beloved brother, who is one of you. They shall make known unto you all things which are done here.
More than likely they were also carrying Paul’s letter to Philemon on this journey.
Philemon was a slaveholder- who had a former slave run away.
That slave was Onesimus- and in the letter to Philemon being carried by the slave himself Paul makes a strong argument for Philemon to forgive him and receive him as a brother-
Philemon 1:8 Wherefore, though I might be much bold in Christ to enjoin thee that which is convenient,
Philemon 1:9 Yet for love’s sake I rather beseech thee, being such an one as Paul the aged, and now also a prisoner of Jesus Christ.
Philemon 1:10 I beseech thee for my son Onesimus, whom I have begotten in my bonds:
Philemon 1:11 Which in time past was to thee unprofitable, but now profitable to thee and to me:
Philemon 1:12 Whom I have sent again: thou therefore receive him, that is, mine own bowels:
It’s important to see the history behind the letters- and the carriers-
Because in the beginning of this chapter Paul himself talks about slaves and their masters-
Colossians 4:1 Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven.
Some believe Paul was justifying slavery- but the other letter his team was carrying on this journey shows us another view.
Colossians 4:10 Aristarchus my fellowprisoner saluteth you, and Marcus, sister’s son to Barnabas, (touching whom ye received commandments if he come unto you, receive him;)
We read of this helper in 3 passages of Acts- 19:29, 20:4 and 27:2-
https://ccoutreach87.com/2017/08/09/acts-19/
https://ccoutreach87.com/2017/08/20/acts-20/
https://ccoutreach87.com/2017/11/06/acts-27/
Yes- he stuck with the apostle all the way to Rome.
And one more note before we end-
Paul speaks well of someone here-
and Marcus, sister’s son to Barnabas, (touching whom ye received commandments if he come unto you, receive him;)
In my study on Acts we saw him- and a split that took place because of him [Acts 15] https://ccoutreach87.com/2017/07/03/acts-15/
Acts 15:36 And some days after Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us go again and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the LORD, and see how they do.
Acts 15:37 And Barnabas determined to take with them John, whose surname was Mark.
Acts 15:38 But Paul thought not good to take him with them, who departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work.
Acts 15:39 And the contention was so sharp between them, that they departed asunder one from the other: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus;
Acts 15:40 And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God.
This letter to the Colossians was penned about 12 years after this incident and it seems as if the rift was healed.
Even Paul and his men had times of division- where some went one way- and Paul went another.
Yet in time God would restore those divisions.
Of course Paul does give a few practical teachings too-
Colossians 4:2 Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;
Colossians 4:3 Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds
Colossians 4:4 That I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak.
On the video I gave some examples of what the door of ‘utterance’ means-
It is an opportunity to proclaim truth- to speak it- not just to know it.
I gave a few examples of how this works- even when speaking Truth to Power.
I’ll add my various links and past teachings that relate to this post and end this study with the last 2 verses of the letter-
Colossians 4:17 And say to Archippus, Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord, that thou fulfil it.
Colossians 4:18 The salutation by the hand of me Paul. Remember my bonds. Grace be with you. Amen.
As Paul penned this letter sitting in a jail in Rome- he admonishes all of us to finish the ministry we have received from the Lord.
Ministry is not some occupation you feel called to- and than choose to make that a career.
No- it is receiving the purpose that God had pre- planned for you from the start- sitting in a Roman prison and being faithful to the call.
It’s a Prophet by the name of John who had his head taken off because he spoke truth to power.
It’s carrying the message of the Christ of God who was born in a manger- left at the temple at the age of 12-
Went on to call 12 men to follow him- one of whom would betray him and another who would deny him.
It’s the message of a man who struggled in the garden- who the prophet Isaiah said was a man of sorrows- so tormented at times that he would be unrecognizable-
Isaiah 52:14
As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:
A message of a man who was unjustly tried- whipped severely- and hung on a Cross.
His disciples feeling dejected- that all was lost.
And then- he came back from the grave with the scars of his suffering still on him.
Yes- he himself showed us what it meant to be faithful.
And in the end- that’s what really counts.
Amen.
Zechariah 3:8
Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the Branch.
Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.
PAST POSTS [Parts of my past teaching that realte to this post- Colossians 4]
Verses- [These are verses I either taught from or quoted on the video- Colossians 4- Links to all my sites below]
Colossians 4:1 Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven.
Colossians 4:2 Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;
Colossians 4:3 Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds
Colossians 4:4 That I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak.
Colossians 4:5 Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.
Colossians 4:6 Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
Colossians 4:7 All my state shall Tychicus declare unto you, who is a beloved brother, and a faithful minister and fellowservant in the Lord
Colossians 4:8 Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that he might know your estate, and comfort your hearts;
Colossians 4:9 With Onesimus, a faithful and beloved brother, who is one of you. They shall make known unto you all things which are done here.
Colossians 4:10 Aristarchus my fellowprisoner saluteth you, and Marcus, sister’s son to Barnabas, (touching whom ye received commandments if he come unto you, receive him;)
Colossians 4:11 And Jesus, which is called Justus, who are of the circumcision. These only are my fellowworkers unto the kingdom of God, which have been a comfort unto me.
Colossians 4:12 Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.
Colossians 4:13 For I bear him record, that he hath a great zeal for you, and them that are in Laodicea, and them in Hierapolis.
Colossians 4:14 Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas, greet you.
Colossians 4:15 Salute the brethren which are in Laodicea, and Nymphas, and the church which is in his house.
Colossians 4:16 And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea.
Colossians 4:17 And say to Archippus, Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord, that thou fulfil it.
Colossians 4:18 The salutation by the hand of me Paul. Remember my bonds. Grace be with you. Amen.
Philemon 1:1 Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy our brother, unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and fellowlabourer,
Philemon 1:2 And to our beloved Apphia, and Archippus our fellowsoldier, and to the church in thy house:
Philemon 1:3 Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Philemon 1:4 I thank my God, making mention of thee always in my prayers,
Philemon 1:5 Hearing of thy love and faith, which thou hast toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all saints;
Philemon 1:6 That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.
Philemon 1:7 For we have great joy and consolation in thy love, because the bowels of the saints are refreshed by thee, brother.
Philemon 1:8 Wherefore, though I might be much bold in Christ to enjoin thee that which is convenient,
Philemon 1:9 Yet for love’s sake I rather beseech thee, being such an one as Paul the aged, and now also a prisoner of Jesus Christ.
Philemon 1:10 I beseech thee for my son Onesimus, whom I have begotten in my bonds:
Philemon 1:11 Which in time past was to thee unprofitable, but now profitable to thee and to me:
Philemon 1:12 Whom I have sent again: thou therefore receive him, that is, mine own bowels:
Philemon 1:13 Whom I would have retained with me, that in thy stead he might have ministered unto me in the bonds of the gospel:
Philemon 1:14 But without thy mind would I do nothing; that thy benefit should not be as it were of necessity, but willingly.
Philemon 1:15 For perhaps he therefore departed for a season, that thou shouldest receive him for ever;
Philemon 1:16 Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved, specially to me, but how much more unto thee, both in the flesh, and in the Lord?
Philemon 1:17 If thou count me therefore a partner, receive him as myself.
Philemon 1:18 If he hath wronged thee, or oweth thee ought, put that on mine account;
Philemon 1:19 I Paul have written it with mine own hand, I will repay it: albeit I do not say to thee how thou owest unto me even thine own self besides.
Philemon 1:20 Yea, brother, let me have joy of thee in the Lord: refresh my bowels in the Lord.
Philemon 1:21 Having confidence in thy obedience I wrote unto thee, knowing that thou wilt also do more than I say.
Philemon 1:22 But withal prepare me also a lodging: for I trust that through your prayers I shall be given unto you.
Philemon 1:23 There salute thee Epaphras, my fellowprisoner in Christ Jesus;
Philemon 1:24 Marcus, Aristarchus, Demas, Lucas, my fellowlabourers.
Philemon 1:25 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
Acts 14:14 Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out, https://ccoutreach87.com/2017/06/14/acts-14/
Psalm 149 King James Version (KJV)
149 Praise ye the Lord. Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints.
2 Let Israel rejoice in him that made him: let the children of Zion be joyful in their King.
3 Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp.
4 For the Lord taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation.
5 Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds.
6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand;
7 To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people;
8 To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron;
9 To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the Lord.

Active sites-

Link sharing sites-


Inactive- work in progress

Video sites [Can view and download my videos free of charge]
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aocp2PkNEAGMg0MwmUCJ1XM3q9ui  [Upload- unzipped- all teaching videos to 12-18 here]

Note- Please do me a favor, those who read/like the posts- re-post them on other sites as well as the site you read them on-  Copy text- download video links- make complete copies of my books/studies and posts- everything is copyrighted by me- I give permission for all to copy and share as much as you like- I just ask that nothing be sold. We live in an online world- yet- there is only one internet- meaning if it ever goes down- the only access to the teachings are what others have copied or downloaded- so feel free to copy and download as much as you want- it’s all free-

Note- I have many web sites- at times some question whether I’m a ‘bot’ because I do post a lot.
I am not a ‘bot’- I’m John- so please- if you are on the verge of deleting something- my contact email is ccoutreach87@gmail.com - contact me first- thank you- John



No comments:

Post a Comment