Wednesday, June 21, 2017

WEDNESDAY 6-21-17  
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Did they sink our battleship? [I know it didn’t sink]
.Prayer- confession
.Peter- James- John
.Conspiracy?
.Cop suicide
.Japan- China
.Russia- Syria
.Questions?
.Black man dead
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

San Antonio [News stuff]
.Georgia race
.CNN- media
.Why so sad?
.Cop on S.A. talk radio- very good job [really]
.National standards for Cops- Firefighters
.Corpus Christi homeless issues
.Solomon’s prayer [Kings 8]
.Race- corruption issues.
.A word from apostle Allen to the pastors of Corpus Christi [listen]

1Kings 8:50 And forgive thy people that have sinned against thee, and all their transgressions wherein they have transgressed against thee, and give them compassion before them who carried them captive, that they may have compassion on them:
The streets-
.Sure enough you get to meet a homeless brother on this one [and his girlfriend who was camera shy]

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?


.Tacos or burgers- make up your mind!
.He never left Corpus
.Lesson from the Allman brothers band
.Purpose
.No- they did not kill Obama
.Addiction
.sobriety is not your identity
.We create obstacles in our mind


NEW- Today I talked on some news-world events.
The Philippine merchant ship that struck our war ship off the coast of Japan.
The U.S. military says it was about 2:30 am when the ship was hit.
The Japanese authorities say it was about 1:30 am.
Why is this something to look at?
The trajectory of the merchant ship shows them making a sharp turn- they purposefully went off course.
If our ship was hit at the later time- then the merchant ship did the sharp turn- to target our ship.
If the Japanese are right about the time- then the merchant ship did this turn to see what they hit.

I only mention this because often times governments lie- or hide things- you know- for the sake of the poor people who don't know how to handle truth.
This has happened many times over the years- and when the media actually do real investigative journalism- then we find out what happened.

The Russia- Syria situation.
The U.S. shot down a Syrian plane the other day- once again Russia warned us. Then we shot down a Russian drone yesterday.
I have talked about this issue before- and will just try and post that link.
But the media began to question why would Trump be giving such lenience to Russia by allowing them to fly over Syria.
I of course saw the dangerous bias in this question- but they hope the average public will not see it.
In short-
Russia is an ally to Assad- and the Syrian president has given them permission to fly in Syrian airspace.
The U.S. has actually been breaking the law by carrying out military operations in Syria-
As of today- there has been no declaration of war.

Yet- we fly planes- drop bombs- and many of these actions are in support of some groups in Syria- who are just like ISIS.
Yes- there are some rebel groups who we support- militarily- who are terrorists.
Russia has been saying that for years now.

So at times- the U.S. has been illegally bombing Syrians- backing up rebels- which is all illegal.
Yet the irresponsible U.S. media- with their non stop campaign about collusion with Russia- might just aid in a real hot war with Russia [see?- Trump going easy on Russia- to hide collusion type thing].
This is no joke- and to be honest- I think that's what this whole thing is heading towards.
And I made a few comments about the video of the cop shooting the Black man.
He was just found innocent- and last night the news showed new video of the shooting.
It was bad- the cop did indeed shoot the man- and the audio/video show the cop was at fault.
Why this video was not released until after the cops trial- who knows [I just read a report that the video was shown to the jury- if so- the jury allowed the cop to get away with murder].

FAKE NEWS?
I talked a bit about the Georgia race- and how the media were so anxious for the Democrat to win- the Democrats spent 30 million on this race- the most ever for a congressional race.
Ok- their guy lost- but I shared it not as a Republican [I am not one] but to show bias.

Now- fake news?
A study came out today- it is estimated that in the 2008 election about 5.5 MILLION non citizens voted- http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/19/noncitizen-illegal-vote-number-higher-than-estimat/ 
Huh?
The national media reported [months ago] that in the history of our country- there were only 3- yes folks- 3 people who voted illegally.

Ok- I knew they were wrong- because a few years ago we had a Democrat lady in Texas- who was caught on video- saying for non citizens to go vote.
We also had at least 3 people- in our local elections- that voted- who were non citizens.

But for the national media to have actually said 3- when the estimates for 2008 alone- are 5.5 million- well that's fake news.
And I have not heard one national news source correct the record.

I’m for the immigrant by the way- my position is the same as the Catholic church -you could say I’m pro sanctuary city.
Yet- I show you this so you can spot fake news when you see it.

And the Trump assassination play in New York [Shakespeare] as most of you know they are doing the play in the park- and in the play- they have Trump killed.
Ok- not so good- I’m not mad about it.

Then why mention it?
I also saw news reports- on so called ‘real news’ that said- more than once- that they also had Obama killed in the play [few years ago]- and nobody complained about that.
Even without looking- I knew they lied.

Sure enough- the news did lie about that.
No Obama like figure was ever killed in the play.

I could go on- but these are just a few.
If the media covered real things- in a real way- then it could help.
But they often do not.
I’m glad they released the video of the castile shooting because it shines light.
But in all these other things- they are fake news.

The public see this.
That's why the Democrat lost in Georgia.
They saw the coverage- they see thru this stuff.

On the last video [now- 2nd to last] I ran into some street guys in San Antonio-
Yes- my guys- whether they are Black- Mexican- White- these are the brothers I like working with.
Maybe the outraged media- who claim to be for the down and out-
Yes maybe they should actually go and meet the down and out.

But I’m afraid many of them see the Mexican community [Oops- Hispanic- but my Mexican friends call themselves Mexican]- the Black homeless- you know- those who sleep on the street right in front of their media empires-

Yes- I’m afraid they fear them- loathe them- and would probably call the cops on them.
Yes- it feels good to sit behind a typewriter [keyboard] and write non stop about the abuses in society-

To have a view that you are noble- above the ignorant masses.
But I’m afraid many of you [media] like to talk a good talk [or write] but actually would never walk it.

Yes- today was media critic day-
Tomorrow I’ll go back to teaching [Actually- I did do some teaching too]
Every place whereon the soles of your feet shall tread shall be yours: from the wilderness and Lebanon, from the river, the river Euphrates, even unto the uttermost sea shall your coast be.

PAST POSTS- [News links- verses below]
Christian recovery from addictions. As you scroll down you will read my story in AA- as of this update I have 3 years- 6 months sober [7-2016]


 [I developed this short list for the purpose of having a format for Christian based bible studies/home groups. Feel free to copy- use- or even start your own group based on these principles- I wave the copy right to all this stuff. To be honest- I have never used a format in our meetings over the years, but for those who want to duplicate/start their own meetings- I find using a format helps. 

Zechariah 13:1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.

Zechariah 13:2 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land.
Ezekiel 36:24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
Ezekiel 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Ezekiel 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
Ezekiel 36:28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
Ezekiel 36:29 I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.
Ezekiel 36:30 And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen.
Ezekiel 36:31 Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.
Ezekiel 36:32 Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.
Ezekiel 36:33 Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded.
 


As you scroll down there is lots to read. Those who click this page might be struggling with addiction. For a short/quick help- just read thru this top section regularly [print it if possible]. This will train your mind in a way. Also memorize the short verse I HATE VAIN THOUGHTS BUT THY LAW DO I LOVE. Repeat it 3 times every time you find your mind being tempted- or even if your are in the middle of acting out a particular sin- each time you say it 3 times in a row- no matter what- stop the addiction at that moment. At the start- you might have to do this many times a day [depending on the addiction] but over time it will train your mind to stop.

PRAYERS [read together at the start of the meeting]
1;
I confess to almighty God and to you my brothers and sisters- that I have sinned thru my own fault.
In my thoughts and in my words- in what I have done and in what I have failed to do.
And I ask Jesus Christ- and all my brothers and sisters- to pray for me to the Lord our God.

2;
Our father who art in heaven- Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come- thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread- and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation- but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom and the glory and the power- now and forever- Amen.

CONFESSIONS [repeat 3 times each]

1;
I hate vain thoughts- but thy law do I love.

2;
Commit thy works unto the Lord and thy thoughts will be established.

3 PILLARS
 [Readings from Peter, James and John- either read together- or have one person read one ‘pillar’ each. The bible refers to these 3 men as spiritual pillars of the church]
1;
Gird up the loins of your mind and be sober and hope to the end for the grace that is being brought unto you at the appearing of Jesus Christ.
Abstain from fleshly lusts that war against the soul.
Those that have suffered in the flesh have ceased from sin- that they should no longer live the rest of their lives in the flesh to the lusts of men- but to the will of God.

2;
Blessed is the man that endures temptation- for when he is tried- he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to those that love him.
Every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lust- and enticed. And when lust has conceived it brings forth sin- and sin- when it is finished, brings forth death.
Resist the devil and he will flee from you- draw near unto God and he will draw near unto you. Cleanse your hands- ye sinners- and purify your hearts you double minded.
Be afflicted and mourn and weep- let you laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness- before that great and notable Day of the Lord.

3;
Behold- a new commandment I give unto you- which thing is true in Him and in you- because the darkness has now passed- and the true light now shines.
Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin- but his word remains in him, and he cannot sin- because he is born of God.
This is how we know he hears us- because we keep his commandments and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

THURSDAY MORNING- [Sponsors- the danger of co-dependency]
We had a change of plans yesterday- Mike [my artist] stopped by around 9 am- he asked if I would do a meeting.
His friend saw him last night- and was suicidal.
Mike- who has been a friend for many years- but has just recently been in my meetings- told his friend that we do a sort of Christian based AA/NA meeting.
So- I grabbed a few guys and did a meeting here in the Bluff.
It went well- I talked about how Christ re-established our relationship with God- as our Father.
I spoke about the danger of co-dependence.
When I was in New Jersey last year for 3 months- I met some real good people in the NA meetings.
But during my year in AA- I saw things that from a Christian perspective- were not compatible with healthy living.
I did write about it- in a gracious way [it’s on my blog- under the section ‘Christian addiction recovery’.
But one of the things I never hit on was the teaching on Sponsors.
I wrote a book years ago- part of it dealt with the Shepherding/discipleship movement back in the 70’s.
This was a movement within the church that had ‘shepherds’ who were sort of like Sponsors in AA.
The problem with that movement was it created a co-dependency - people became too dependent on another person.
In scripture the concept of Sponsor- Mentor- is there- but the biblical view is- it’s only for a period of time.
There must be a breaking away from that relationship over time.
The Shepherding movement made the mistake of trying to control people- for life.
Jesus discipled his men for 3 years- then told them it was needful for him to leave.
At first- they didn’t want that- but he said ‘I go to prepare a place for you’
We often read that as ‘I’m going to get heaven ready for you’.
Actually- in context [it’s in John’s gospel] he was saying-
‘I go- to make room for you [here on earth]’
Sort of like ‘when I leave- the Spirit will come- and the works that I did- now you will do them’.

He had to leave- so they would grow in their own relationship with God.

In my meeting yesterday I spoke about how we- people- become co-dependent on girlfriends- sponsors- etc.
There must come a time where we move on.

In New Jersey- I met a guy at one of the meetings- don’t remember his name- but we talked a bit.
He told another person next to him ‘I have not only done the 12 steps- but 13’.
Now- he was nice- talking to some friends- The lady asked ‘what do you mean’.

You could tell he was hesitant to sound critical of NA- he must have been in it for around 20 years or so.
He was clean- doing well.
But he said he got a new sponsor a few years ago- and he made him do the steps all over- over a period of years.

He said he didn’t think he needed to- but he had to obey the sponsor- so he spent a few more years- doing something- that he felt was a waste- but if he didn’t do it- he was fearful that he was not obeying the sponsor.

I didn’t say anything- but of course I saw the same danger in this- that I actually had written about years before.

Any movement- or group- that creates this sort of co- dependency - can be dangerous.

So- we talked in our meeting about eventually moving beyond that initial relationship [I think Sponsors are ok- just at the start- maybe even a year- but over time it would be better to move on].

Stephen Covey- in his best seller ‘7 habits of highly effective people’ talked about 3 types- stages- of personal growth.

1-      Independent
2-      Co-dependent
3-      Interdependent

Independent is the mindset of ‘I don’t need anyone else’.

Co-dependent is ‘I can’t live without you’.

Interdependent is ‘I don’t ‘need’ you to survive- to make it- but I see the value of our relationship- and we can go further together- as co-equals- than alone’.

I think that’s the proper view.

I have a friend who is dating a local girl.
Her ex-boyfriend is also my friend.
They are both at the street mission every week.
Then- her ex-husband now shows up [he got out of prison recently].

When she’s there- she has these 3 guys ‘fighting’ over her.

One actually stabbed the other one a few years ago- over this.

My closet friend [out of the 3] said ‘John- she just loves the attention- she wants us to fight over her’.
He was right.

Part of overcoming addictions- is also becoming interdependent.
Recognizing the value of others- but being mature enough to say ‘Brother/sponsor- I know you think I need to do this [whether it’s redoing the steps- over a few years- or whatever] - but I am maturing in this initial relationship- and I’m moving on’.

In my year in AA- I never had a sponsor- But boy was there pressure to get one- almost to the point of ‘we are waiting for you to re-lapse- so you will see your in rebellion’ [I was actually told this by a good friend].
This is a very important aspect- in my view- of becoming a well-rounded person.

Ok- that’s it- see you next week.


NEWS-





Note- Please do me a favor, those who read/like the posts- re-post them on other sites as well as the site you read them on- Thanks- John.#


No comments:

Post a Comment