Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Today I made a few videos from a shrimp boat.
James- one of the guys who lives in Pop’s apartments- he has listened in on my talks with Pop’s.
He has told me- openly- he’s an alcoholic- but a nice guy.
James and George [new resident] are deck hands on the shrimp boats here by the bay where you see me making videos-
So James invited me to go- I got there about 5- we took off at 5:30- got back to dock around 9- and then we sold the shrimp in Aransas Pass-It’s funny- but as I was making the videos- I talked about the story in the bible when Jesus told Peter ‘go back out- cast the net’-
Peter just got done fishing for the night- and when Jesus said this- it was like ‘not again’.
They had to clean the nets and all after the night out- and Peter knew the fish were not there [or so he thought].
Then Peter went out- and they caught more fish than the boat could handle.
As I was telling this story on video- I did ask how they were doing- they pulled in a net or 2 already- and they said not good.
I said it would be funny if they caught more than they had room to bring back-
Sure enough- they did!
They filled every cooler-and dumped the ice form some- to have room.
The ship captain told  ‘it’s not always like this’.
So- maybe the Lord gave them a sign.
It was fun- I did work- helped with separating the shrimp- loading the shrimp on the truck- it was a full ‘days’ work-

I hope you like the videos- I tried to catch the dolphins in them- we did have a shark right next to the boat- but I couldn’t catch it on video- my phone went dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment