Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Just to clarify- I took Pops to the VA- and I talked to them n told them I’ll be in N.J. from 7-21 to 7-26.
I had my lab work scheduled for 7-17- then another apt. - where you get your doctor- on 7-24.
I found out if I can’t make the apt. on the 24th-
Then you have to reschedule the whole thing-
Which I was ok with-
But- say if I was wanting to get checked- and couldn’t wait to find stuff out?
Then I see how frustrating it would be.
Yet- it was still frustrating!
Because I couldn’t even re-schedule- they were swamped.
So- I called from the phone- and finally just canceled both appt’s- and told them I’ll do it when I get back.
Which will probably be sometime in September.

Pops told me he and a few of his other AA buddies are also diagnosed with cancer-
And I see the fear n frustration with the whole thing.
Pop’s has yet to start his treatment- and I think he got diagnosed about 3 weeks ago.
So- I wanted to clarify- at first I thought I would make the July 17th apt- then reschedule the one on the 24th.
But I had to re-do both.

I really don’t mind- but if I decided I wanted to get checked for everything- then yes- I would be frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment