Tuesday, August 28, 2012


1898 NIGGER

I got with the street guys the other day.

Every so often one of the guys gets in the mood to ask me stuff- things about the bible- things they have questions about.

Hugh sat down next to me and asked me a few things.

It was funny- because I was just posting about Greek gods and all- and he asked me if there was a goddess that’s mentioned in the bible.

I told him there was- in the book of Acts it talks about ‘the great goddess Diana’.

It was a reference to the idol that was set up in the city of Ephesus.


The reason I mentioned this was Hugh told me ‘John- I like talking to you about this stuff- you know the answers [most of the time] but you don’t try and make us believe everything your way’.

Hugh and Andy and John David- all brothers that I have written about over the years- they grew up in a preachers home.

They had experiences with many preachers over the years- and they are familiar with men- good men- but men who see things a certain way- and they often demand that others see it to.


When Hugh made the above statement- I didn’t tell him this- but his brother Andy- who is a very able bible person- had told me the same exact thing a few years ago.


Before I write in the morning- I quote a verse from the book of James.

‘let every man be swift to hear- slow to speak- slow to wrath- for the wrath of man does not work the righteousness of God’.

Last night I caught about 5 minutes of MSNBC- and I need this verse because of them.

Rachel Maddow was ‘covering’ the campaign of Romney- and she went on to say that who would ever believe that in this day and age- a candidate for president would run his whole campaign on being anti black.

She went on and said Romney is targeting the racist white vote- that this is blatant and open.

As I watch these race cards being played- another MSNBC host said Romney was calling the president a Nigger.

Huh?

Yes- Toure’- a regular on the network- said when Romney used the word ‘angry’ twice in a row- that he ‘niggerized’ Obama.


I heard a few actual quotes this past week- actual recordings from the 2008 campaign.

‘He knew he was going to play the race card- we now have the proof that he did this on purpose’.

Who said this?

Bill Clinton.

He was referring to some memo that leaked our – Clinton said it proved that this was calculated.

Another quote.

‘Obama- you say you want to run a clean campaign- but your actions are not in line with your words- Shame on you- shame on you’.

When you see the person saying it- she’s outraged.


Who said it?

Hillary Clinton.


I think it’s sad that any side would resort to stuff like this.

This is not new [unless you believe that Bill and Hillary were lying].



Okay- the other day when I posted the pic of the Jesus head carving [Facebook] I wasn’t sure if I should tell this or not.


But I got up at midnight again- and when I was just praying before I post- I felt it was time.


The reason I went down the road that the Re sale shop was on- was because that part of town is a very bad place to be.

Normally- White folk don’t go there.


Many years ago [18?] I had a bad year.

I hung out with drug addicts- and partied in the bars that were right off the street where I bought the carving.

As I was standing on the street that day- waiting for the owner to get to the shop- I had about 20 minutes or so of just being there.

As I looked east- I saw a club called Ceilo- where a shooting just happened a few nights before.


I thought about the nights when I was in another club just like it- on the same block.

I was the only English speaking person in the place- including the bar tender.


One night as the guys were ‘shooting up’- somehow the conversation got into God.

When I told one of the guys I used to preach- he said he felt God sent me- that in a way he thought even though drugs were all over the room- yet he thought God sent me.



Many nights I would be up all night- and drive home at around 6 in the morning [an hour drive to Kingsville].

I would get home just in time to put on my uniform and go to work.



There’s a song that’s been playing on the Christian station these last few days- it says we are all on borrowed time.


As I stood on the corner that day- right across the street there was this Mexican guy.

So- being I’m waiting for the owner of the shop to show up- I figured I might as well do some outreach.


So- I yelled ‘hey brother- you need a few dollars’.

I just wanted to spread the wealth round.


He looked at me for a second- and I wasn’t sure he understood English.


So I started walking towards him- and I was taking my wallet out- you know- to say ‘look- do you need a couple of bucks’.

I guess he saw me reaching for the wallet- and maybe thought I had a gun.

He turned the other way and started walking- real fast.


At this point I was laughing- yeah- out loud.


I grabbed my trusty cell phone camera and took a couple of pics- was gonna post them but they came out bad.


Over the years I have had Mexican friends- Black friends- all races.


God’s kingdom is color blind- we are here for a very short while.


It gets me mad to see the race card played- I know racism exists- it inside White people- Black people- it’s comes in every color.


When we as a society play the card so freely- we damage each other.

We give people excuses to hate other people.

Yes- some people hate Obama because of his color- but most of those who disagree with him do so because of his politics.

If people don’t like Romney- then ‘don’t like him’ because of his too.

But when you say he ‘niggerized’ the campaign because he used the word ‘angry’ twice- then you are not contributing to the overall healing of our land.

Remember- short time- let’s not waste it on stuff like this.




Note- Do me a favor, those who read/like the posts- re-post them on other sites as well as the site you read them on. Thanks- John. Don’t forget to scroll down on the timeline [Facebook] - I have posted lots.







No comments:

Post a Comment