Wednesday, February 15, 2017

TUESDAY- 2-14-17 [The Cup]
https://youtu.be/N3RpU48Atkw  The Cup- NYC view
ON VIDEO-
.NYC skyline
.We drink with him- now
.New- in the Kingdom
.Kingdom present- and future
.There will be a bodily resurrection- of all
NEW- [verses- pictures below]
I made this video from the New Jersey side of the Hudson river- you see the NYC view  in the back.
Jesus said to his men ‘I will not drink this cup again- until I drink it new with you in the kingdom’.
The cup- Blood- of the New Testament is Jesus being willing to take the sins of the world ‘into him’ when he died on the Cross.
This cup also represents suffering- in Jesus case the suffering was being separated from God when he died with the sins of the world on him.
Now- he told his men that he would drink of it again- with us- in the kingdom.
He did indeed drink with them after he rose from the dead.
He will drink with us in the future kingdom as well.
But what I want you to see is that he also drinks it with us- now.
How?
 Paul said he ‘filled up’ the sufferings of Christ- now.
He was ‘drinking’ of the cup- carrying the Cross if you will- by identifying with Jesus in his sufferings.
Yes- the cup of suffering.
Jesus said we too would partake of it.
In my current Act’s study- when the believers were persecuted for the faith- they rejoiced!

Yes- they drank as well.
Christ is in us- now.
He dwells in us by the Spirit.
When we go thru difficulty in life- for the sake of the Cross-
Jesus is ‘drinking’ with us- at that very moment.
The sufferings of Christ are a partaking of the cup.
So- I talked a little about this concept on today’s video.
I’ll add some verses below.
VERSES- [pictures below]
Matthew 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
Matthew 26:27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Matthew 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.
Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:
22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.
23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.
Matt. 2o
Matthew 26:36 Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder.
Matthew 26:37 And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.
Matthew 26:38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
Matthew 26:39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
Matthew 26:40 And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?
Matthew 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
Matthew 26:42 He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.
Matthew 26:43 And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy.
Matthew 26:44 And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.
Matthew 26:45 Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
Matthew 26:46 Rise, let us be going: behold, he is at hand that doth betray me.
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.






Pics-

No comments:

Post a Comment