Monday, September 26, 2016

SAMUEL 20-
Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. Acts 3:21
ON VIDEO-
.Wallet found [Zippo too!]
.Good cop story
.Lightning struck
.Islam- what about the kids?
.Islam is not ISIS!
.She killed herself
.He’s trying to kill me!
.Hide in the field till the 3rd day
.The Cross all thru out scripture
.My Black child
NEW- [I comment below on some news stuff]
David is on the run- and he ‘hides’ till the 3rd day- in a field.
A type of Christ- who was in the grave for 3 days- then arose.
We will read in upcoming days how this is the start of David’s ‘ministry’- in the sense that he begins gathering outcasts to him as he enters his kingly role.
Much like Jesus and his ‘rag tag’ team of men.
After the resurrection of Jesus- on the 3rd day- no one ever expected this rag tag group of outcasts to actually launch a worldwide movement.
But that’s just what they did.
As we continue thru the book of Samuel- I want you to see how the Cross- and ministry of Jesus is seen thru it all.
Jesus is the central figure thru out the bible- and David is one of the main figures who prefigures Christ.
In this chapter [Samuel 20] we see how Johnathan and David have a covenant with each other.
And Johnathan reminds David ‘when you do become the future king- remember your part of the deal’.
Which was to protect Johnathan- and his kids.
Down the road we will see how David was a man of his word- and will spare a crippled son of Johnathan-
David will actually let this future son [Mephibosheth] sit at the kings table with him- which is also a type of Christ-
Who brings all to the table of grace.
We often overlook the role that Johnathan plays.
He was indeed the son of king Saul- and as his father warned him in this chapter-
Johnathan was protecting David- at his own expense.
Saul knew that David was a threat to his dynastic rule- that if David lived- Johnathan would never replace his father on the throne.
Yet Johnathan was like a blood brother to David- and was willing to take a lower place- in order for the purpose of God to come to pass.
Yes- Johnathan exemplifies the actual teachings of Jesus.
To not exalt himself- but take the lower position- and in time God will exalt you.
In this case- David was the anointed king to come- and Johnathan knew that.
If he tried to thwart the plan of God- he might have succeeded in the short term.
But in the long run- he would not have fulfilled his Divine destiny.
And I wouldn’t have been praising him- even now.
NEWS [recent cop shootings]
I’m trying to not comment as much on news and politics- not because I’m not concerned- but because they give the posts a ‘shelf life’.
But- let me say a few things-
This past week we had 2 more shootings of Black men- by cops.
One cop- a female- has been placed on leave and her case will go to a grand jury.
The other incident was a man who police claimed had a gun.
The wife released a video she took- where she’s yelling he has no gun.
Then the cops released dash cam where you hear them yelling ‘drop the gun’.
MSNBC released still footage of the video [frame by frame].
One clip showed no gun on the ground- the next showed something- possibly a gun.
MSNB simply showed the video- and made it seem like a cop planted a gun.
Because you do indeed see a cop throw something on the ground- and another cop with his foot on it.
I try and be fair- and it’s possible that they took the gun from the guy they shot- not because it was ‘planted’- but because you don't know if the man who was shot- is dead.
So the job of the cop is to take the gun [if he had one] and yes- throw it to the ground- away from the suspect.
But when you simply see a video of a cop throwing a gun to the ground- it makes it look like he planted it.
I seriously doubt the cops brought a gun to the scene- just to plant it.
In the Slager case [a cop] you see him dropping his Taser on the way to the body of the man he shot- that looks bad.
Because he claimed the guy went for his Taser.
But in the case I’m mentioning above- I doubt the cops brought some gun to the scene- to plant it.
So- we want to be fair- on all sides- and I do mention this on an upcoming video.
PAST LINKS [verses below]
I mention Melchizedek on the video- hears my complete Hebrews commentary-  https://ccoutreach87.wordpress.com/hebrews-updated-2015/
1st- 2nd Samuel- [video links included]
https://ccoutreach87.wordpress.com/1st-2nd-samuel/  [Old commentary I wrote years ago]
VIDEO/POST LINKS-
https://youtu.be/iImxoD3cRfQ  Samuel preview

VERSES-
1Samuel 20:1 And David fled from Naioth in Ramah, and came and said before Jonathan, What have I done? what is mine iniquity? and what is my sin before thy father, that he seeketh my life?
1Samuel 20:2 And he said unto him, God forbid; thou shalt not die: behold, my father will do nothing either great or small, but that he will shew it me: and why should my father hide this thing from me? it is not so.
1Samuel 20:3 And David sware moreover, and said, Thy father certainly knoweth that I have found grace in thine eyes; and he saith, Let not Jonathan know this, lest he be grieved: but truly as the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, there is but a step between me and death.
1Samuel 20:4 Then said Jonathan unto David, Whatsoever thy soul desireth, I will even do it for thee.
1Samuel 20:5 And David said unto Jonathan, Behold, to morrow is the new moon, and I should not fail to sit with the king at meat: but let me go, that I may hide myself in the field unto the third day at even.
1Samuel 20:6 If thy father at all miss me, then say, David earnestly asked leave of me that he might run to Bethlehem his city: for there is a yearly sacrifice there for all the family.
1Samuel 20:7 If he say thus, It is well; thy servant shall have peace: but if he be very wroth, then be sure that evil is determined by him.
1Samuel 20:8 Therefore thou shalt deal kindly with thy servant; for thou hast brought thy servant into a covenant of the LORD with thee: notwithstanding, if there be in me iniquity, slay me thyself; for why shouldest thou bring me to thy father?
1Samuel 20:9 And Jonathan said, Far be it from thee: for if I knew certainly that evil were determined by my father to come upon thee, then would not I tell it thee?
1Samuel 20:10 Then said David to Jonathan, Who shall tell me? or what if thy father answer thee roughly?
1Samuel 20:11 And Jonathan said unto David, Come, and let us go out into the field. And they went out both of them into the field.
1Samuel 20:12 And Jonathan said unto David, O LORD God of Israel, when I have sounded my father about to morrow any time, or the third day, and, behold, if there be good toward David, and I then send not unto thee, and shew it thee;
1Samuel 20:13 The LORD do so and much more to Jonathan: but if it please my father to do thee evil, then I will shew it thee, and send thee away, that thou mayest go in peace: and the LORD be with thee, as he hath been with my father.
1Samuel 20:14 And thou shalt not only while yet I live shew me the kindness of the LORD, that I die not:
1Samuel 20:15 But also thou shalt not cut off thy kindness from my house for ever: no, not when the LORD hath cut off the enemies of David every one from the face of the earth.
1Samuel 20:16 So Jonathan made a covenant with the house of David, saying, Let the LORD even require it at the hand of David's enemies.
1Samuel 20:17 And Jonathan caused David to swear again, because he loved him: for he loved him as he loved his own soul.
1Samuel 20:18 Then Jonathan said to David, To morrow is the new moon: and thou shalt be missed, because thy seat will be empty.
1Samuel 20:19 And when thou hast stayed three days, then thou shalt go down quickly, and come to the place where thou didst hide thyself when the business was in hand, and shalt remain by the stone Ezel.
1Samuel 20:20 And I will shoot three arrows on the side thereof, as though I shot at a mark.
1Samuel 20:21 And, behold, I will send a lad, saying, Go, find out the arrows. If I expressly say unto the lad, Behold, the arrows are on this side of thee, take them; then come thou: for there is peace to thee, and no hurt; as the LORD liveth.
1Samuel 20:22 But if I say thus unto the young man, Behold, the arrows are beyond thee; go thy way: for the LORD hath sent thee away.
1Samuel 20:23 And as touching the matter which thou and I have spoken of, behold, the LORD be between thee and me for ever.
1Samuel 20:24 So David hid himself in the field: and when the new moon was come, the king sat him down to eat meat.
1Samuel 20:25 And the king sat upon his seat, as at other times, even upon a seat by the wall: and Jonathan arose, and Abner sat by Saul's side, and David's place was empty.
1Samuel 20:26 Nevertheless Saul spake not any thing that day: for he thought, Something hath befallen him, he is not clean; surely he is not clean.
1Samuel 20:27 And it came to pass on the morrow, which was the second day of the month, that David's place was empty: and Saul said unto Jonathan his son, Wherefore cometh not the son of Jesse to meat, neither yesterday, nor to day?
1Samuel 20:28 And Jonathan answered Saul, David earnestly asked leave of me to go to Bethlehem:
1Samuel 20:29 And he said, Let me go, I pray thee; for our family hath a sacrifice in the city; and my brother, he hath commanded me to be there: and now, if I have found favour in thine eyes, let me get away, I pray thee, and see my brethren. Therefore he cometh not unto the king's table.
1Samuel 20:30 Then Saul's anger was kindled against Jonathan, and he said unto him, Thou son of the perverse rebellious woman, do not I know that thou hast chosen the son of Jesse to thine own confusion, and unto the confusion of thy mother's nakedness?
1Samuel 20:31 For as long as the son of Jesse liveth upon the ground, thou shalt not be established, nor thy kingdom. Wherefore now send and fetch him unto me, for he shall surely die.
1Samuel 20:32 And Jonathan answered Saul his father, and said unto him, Wherefore shall he be slain? what hath he done?
1Samuel 20:33 And Saul cast a javelin at him to smite him: whereby Jonathan knew that it was determined of his father to slay David.
1Samuel 20:34 So Jonathan arose from the table in fierce anger, and did eat no meat the second day of the month: for he was grieved for David, because his father had done him shame.
1Samuel 20:35 And it came to pass in the morning, that Jonathan went out into the field at the time appointed with David, and a little lad with him.
1Samuel 20:36 And he said unto his lad, Run, find out now the arrows which I shoot. And as the lad ran, he shot an arrow beyond him.
1Samuel 20:37 And when the lad was come to the place of the arrow which Jonathan had shot, Jonathan cried after the lad, and said, Is not the arrow beyond thee?
1Samuel 20:38 And Jonathan cried after the lad, Make speed, haste, stay not. And Jonathan's lad gathered up the arrows, and came to his master.
1Samuel 20:39 But the lad knew not any thing: only Jonathan and David knew the matter.
1Samuel 20:40 And Jonathan gave his artillery unto his lad, and said unto him, Go, carry them to the city.
1Samuel 20:41 And as soon as the lad was gone, David arose out of a place toward the south, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himself three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, until David exceeded.
1Samuel 20:42 And Jonathan said to David, Go in peace, forasmuch as we have sworn both of us in the name of the LORD, saying, The LORD be between me and thee, and between my seed and thy seed for ever. And he arose and departed: and Jonathan went into the city.
12 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn and to eat.
But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?
  Matt 12
James 5:1 Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.
James 5:2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.
James 5:3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.
James 5:4 Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.
James 5:5 Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.

facebook.com/john.chiarello.5 
Note- Please do me a favor, those who read/like the posts- re-post them on other sites as well as the site you read them on. I deal with issues at times that it would be beneficial for some of you to download and save the file from the Word Press link. This creates a permanent record. The on-line videos are only good if sites are not hacked- which has happened in the past. Thanks- John.#





No comments:

Post a Comment