Saturday, August 20, 2016

FEW MORE DAYS-
John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
John 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
https://youtu.be/ybBoVjrFH8o  John- Bobby- Crow- Frankie
https://youtu.be/6ngj0xj8y9k  Mary- Crow- Bobby- Frankie- Noah [see the rescue dog on this one]
[links- verses at bottom]
JOHN- BOBBY- CROW- FRANKIE- [Tuesday 8-16]
Just did an off the cuff talk- I talked a little from John 13- how Jesus washed the disciples feet.
He showed us how to serve one another.
You will hear 2 people singing on the video- You’ll have to watch to see who ‘we’ are.
It’s interesting- when I turn the camera on- the guys know ‘oh it’s ministry time’.
There’s no real ‘hey- we are doing ‘church’ type thing’.
But they themselves get into the mood.
Right after the video a girl in Timmons got sick- and Bobby came and asked me if we could pray for her.
Sure.
Then after a little while- he came back out ‘John- that other lady heard us praying for so and so- and she asked if we could pray for her too’.
Of course.
This went on for a little while- Booby prayed some- I did as well.
Bobby then said ‘John- we could have filmed this too’.
He saw it all as us ‘doing ministry’.
And there was no effort on my part- I actually have not been feeling well- could barely keep my eyes open- very drained.
Yet I really did not do anything- it came from the guys.
After Timmons I spent a few hours with Mike and Danny- and Mike shared lots of good insights- how he learned that even when he lived on the streets-
He said it was important to not view himself as homeless.
He held jobs [I used to see him cooking at the local restaurants].
And when he got off work- he had a spot- under the bridge overpass- and he slept there.
Mike told me he viewed it as ‘camping’- like when he was in the boy scouts.
That he would daily go to the store- get stuff to cook on an outdoor portable stove.
Then get up early- eat breakfast where he worked.
And when he was short on cash- as a cook/dishwasher- he would eat the untouched food others left.
But he told me he learned to survive- and not see himself as homeless.
That he had to come to the understanding that he was responsible for his life.
That he could not blame others for his situation [Mike has been ‘homeless’ on and off for the many years I have known him- and he has almost always had a job- or 2- during all that time].
He also takes the local community college courses.
I learn from their stories- I see it as an important part of the ministry- for everyone to see the insights my friends have
MARY- CROW- BOBBY- FRANKIE – NOAH [Friday- 8-19]
I wasn’t going to film today- but right at the end I felt I should.
I really liked what Mary said- I’ve known Mary for years- never really talked to her.
But as you can see she has an interesting story.
Frankie sings good- he was just outside- hanging out.
At one point he was praying in tongues- so I wanted him to sing the song for you.
I spent a few hours talking to the guys before we filmed.
These are just regular days for many of my friends- some are not sure where they will be sleeping for the night.
Others have spots- outdoors- where they will stay.
I’m not saying they ‘like it’- but you would be surprised how many of my friends have been doing it for years.
Yes- some struggle with addiction- and others- I think you can tell at times- do have mental health issues.
But God even speaks thru them.
Maybe the purpose of me sharing these videos is to simply ‘humanize’ the plight of the homeless.
Maybe some of you have never really met a ‘street person’- as you can see- some are smart- some are funny- they even laugh at my jokes! [Well- maybe because they know it will guarantee them a cigarette? Even though my jokes are very funny].
Ok- hope you enjoy these simple ‘snippets’ of life on the street-
God bless all.
LINKS-
VERSES-
John 13:1 Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.
John 13:2 And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him;
John 13:3 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;
John 13:4 He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself.
John 13:5 After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.
John 13:6 Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?
John 13:7 Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.
John 13:8 Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.
John 13:9 Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.
John 13:10 Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.


NEWS-
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/18/politics/state-department-us-held-up-cash-until-iran-released-americans/index.html  I actually gave this advice the other day- I’m not saying they read my site [but who knows- they have some crazy blogger in Corpus who sends stuff to the justice dept.?]
I think it’s good that they did this.
Down the road I want to talk about our entire polarized nation-
As a talk radio listener- of both sides [left-right] and an overall media critic.
I see hours every day spent on simplistic views – or entire months on either supporting one candidate- or the other.
And both sides simply spending all the time on how evil the other side is [by the way- I think some just might be evil].
But the point is- there are so many tragedies in the world today- real human rights disasters.
There are no easy answers to any of these- but if we- media- bloggers- etc.- if we have an informed conversation about it- spend just one tenth of the time highlighting it- that would be better use of these outlets.
I’m not a Hillary supporter- but do we need 5 hours every single day on talk radio- for over a year now- simply trying to destroy the woman?
The same can be said of the main stream media markets- they are doing the exact same thing with Trump.
I think we should cover the campaign- and talk politics- but it’s important to try and come up with real solutions.
And that starts with an honest conversation- simply telling the truth.

Like the president did about the Iran payment.

No comments:

Post a Comment