Sunday, June 14, 2015

Just made this short video [coming next] after I got out of church this morning.
 After I stopped the camera- I got caught in the rain and stopped at Whataburger to get coffee. I had 2 bucks on me and had the ‘sense’ that I should give the 2 bucks to one of the homeless guys that were there.
But- I paid with the cash [usually use my debit card] - and off I went.
As I walked back to the car- parked on top of the hill In front of the church.
I saw a homeless couple on a bus bench.
The kid walked up to me- I could tell his girl felt apprehensive- you know- lots of people get mad when the homeless ask for change and stuff.
The kid asked if I could spare a quarter- he too was hesitant for a rude response.
I told him sure- lets walk to the sidewalk [I am dressed in black- sometimes people think I’m a cop].
I told the kid I felt God was telling me to save the 2 bucks- but I didn’t.
‘I would have given it to you’.
He said ‘no problem- that’s fine’.
I talked about 10 minutes- he was more grateful that I treated him like I have all my homeless friends over the years.
I did give him a smoke- I think they are new in town- he shared a few stories how they got caught in the rain and all.
I have had this happen many times over the years- where after just a few minutes- accepting the people.
They see in a way that I’m ‘one of them’- It’s hard to explain- but they are used to rejection.
So- I hope you like the video-
I named it- THE SHEOPLE! 
Why?

You’ll never guess- unless you watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment