Friday, June 05, 2015

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2015/may-web-only/matt-chandler-apologizes-for-village-churchs-decision-to-di.html?&visit_source=facebook

I want you guys to try and read this article- I found it on Christianity Today earlier- as I was reading it- I thought 'I could write/talk about the whole concept of Mega Church- Protestant ism-' and the like.
But- instead I will make a video in a little bit-
As you read- look at some of the language used- for instance 'we hope they find another GOSPEL believing church'.

I'm not going to comment on the actual sins the article talks about- which are bad.

But how the modern mega church 'see's' itself- it's role- and how the usual 'rejection' of the ancient church [Catholic/Orthodox] actually puts themselves outside of the biblical authority that scripture speaks about-

Yet- many of these independent churches try and establish 'authority systems'- that don't work- because they themselves are outside of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment