Wednesday, November 12, 2014


SOME RAMBLING’S…

http://wp.me/a4V5qQ-8b Me teaching some college kids-

http://ccoutreach87.wordpress.com/?attachment_id=504 Just another radio show from back in the day.

http://ccoutreach87.wordpress.com/?attachment_id=484 This is program 723- talks a bit about what I discussed with the boys.



The last few weeks I’ve been working at the coffee shop every day.

Now- there are a lot of college kids- and intellectuals at a place like this- and I hear them discussing stuff every so often.

But- I didn’t want to blow my cover [sort of hiding out- being anonymous] - so- I really don’t talk to anyone.

But I have said hi to some of the kids- Alex and Drew are new friends- I talk a bit with them [you know- my spur of the moment stuff].

Every so often others hear me talking- and I do teach just about all the subjects these guy are going to college for.

So- today a few of the ‘by-standers’ asked ‘are you a professor’?

Ahh- my covers blown.

Alex [studying phycology] showed me his notes- some stuff on Freud.

He had some notes on cause and effect.

I did about a 20 minute teaching [not on video] and covered a lot- showed him how all these fields mix together.

Anthony [him and another guy were listening in] asked about Dark Matter- Dark Energy- I tried to do my best and explain the difference between Physics and Metaphysics.

The ‘God Particle’- we went on for a while.

I explained why some of the recent theories [multiverse- etc.] sprung up- how these are legitimate questions to ask- for sure.

But – as of now- these are metaphysical arguments [which is ok] but these guys are being taught that they are physical arguments [physics] and that’s a mistake [trust me- I got this right- I’m pretty sure they were getting it].

I was going to write a whole post on the discussion- but I have written it before.

Instead- I whipped out my trusty camera- and figured I’d let you guys in on the action.

Note- off video I covered Epistemology, Cause and effect, David Hume, Thomas Aquinas- Aristotle- a bit more. I add this because I have said for years it’s a tool to talk about the arguments for the faith- and in an environment like this- the tool works well.

I will use the above video for the weekly teaching- even though I did not plan on doing Apologetics on any of these videos.
I have written a lot about this over the years- but should at least make one note- to you ‘smart guys’ out there- on the video I do refer to the Multi-verse- and Dark Matter/Energy as ‘theory’.
Now- Physicists will say ‘aha- in science THEORY does not mean ‘theory’ in the normal sense of the word’ [Einstein for example- we hold his theories as fact- which I do as well].
But- in the ongoing debate about the multiverse- it is indeed ‘theory’ in the normal sense of the word- like I used in the video.
John Polkinghorne [I said Polkinlore on the tape- heck- I can’t get everything right! Who I quoted–off the cuff- in the video] is one of the top physicists in the country- and he says the same thing.
Now- as you can see- I’m already teaching here- but I just added this because the video was ‘off the cuff’ and I think they will all be like this down the road.

NOTE- To be honest- some of these kids are struggling too- like my ‘street crew’- one of the kids really needs direction- he’s dropped out of college before- now back in- ready to drop out again. He asks for advice- which is good.  [update- he dropped out yesterday- again].

While I’m not here technically ‘preaching’ to these guys- yet I have made a few friends.
I just took a walk with Alex to the corner store- we passed a fraternity thing- it says ‘Alpha’.
I asked Alex ‘do you know what language it is’?

‘No’.

Its Greek- our New Testaments were written in Greek- that’s why it says of Jesus ‘I am the Alpha and Omega’. Those are the first and last letters in the Greek alphabet and…….

Well- you get the picture.

NOTE- As I journal in a sense these past few months- I want to not only teach [which you see in these amateur videos- by the way- they are raw- I mean I’m sideways on the thing- but that’s ok- your also seeing how anyone can do this- even with the simple tools we have- like a cheap phone. But we live in a day where anyone can start a free blog- web site- make videos- or radio tapes- teach- post- we live in a time where we can all ‘preach’ the gospel to the world- with no cash!] But also show how even in the midst of transition- you never stop communicating when the opportunity arises.

In this week’s video- there was no preparation- I was just hanging out with some college kids- talking- and I said ‘you know- I should get this on video’- They said ‘yeah- go ahead’.

So- you see this stuff- the good- the bad- and yes a times the ugly- but that’s the journey.

One more note- many of my friends that I was doing the home meetings with this year- they are upset that I stopped that aspect.

Now- if they see ‘wow- John left us and now has a new group’.

Actually these spur of the moment meetings are the most effective- plus you can see how ‘this’ works.

In North Bergen- I just hung out with people- and over time I did some teaching.

Some structured- some not.

So- maybe I’ll be at this coffee shop for a while- then go to another spot- start over.

In The New Testament the apostles went to different areas- and then they moved on.


There’s a story in the gospel where Jesus was going to another region- and the people were offended.

They wanted him to stay- to keep doing what he was doing.

I have written a lot on this subject over the years- called Ecclesiology- the nature of organic church- and the itinerant ministry of apostles [meaning they are always on the go].

 One of the college kids at the coffee shop can’t drive- he has seizures.

So- every so often I’ll take him to do stuff [we went to Fed Ex this week- he sold some stuff on EBay and needed to ship it].

Now- even though I’m slowing down- when I’m in the car- going somewhere- for some reason- I’m in the ‘non-stop’ mode.

Alex saw me passing up the corner we are supposed to turn at- then doing it again- I think he kind of saw a little of the ‘on the go’ thing-

Sort of the way I am when doing – well- everything.

He asked a little about my story- I mean they see me hanging out at the coffee shop-

I’ve shared some with them- then told Alex ‘well- kid- it’s sort of like a long story- I’ll get to it in time’.

Yeah- we have some time.

NOTES FROM SOME OF MY RADIO SHOWS [Been reviewing them as I upload them to the site] ‘You can’t be stagnant- you must move forward on the journey’ ‘The place where you die becomes your inheritance’ ‘You will not fail or be discouraged till you have set justice in the earth’ [these are me quoting Isaiah on tape] ‘More are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife’ [I could stop here and do a whole teaching- the apostle Paul in the book of Galatians uses this verse in the same spiritual context that you see me teaching on the videos- he really spiritualizes these prophetic words from Isaiah a lot] ‘The Lord has made room for you to be fruitful in the land’ ‘They were dysfunctional but God still used them- as long as they stayed in the land’ ‘Keep this new feast with new leaven- from now on you have a new table that you will be sitting at’ ‘Repentance is not blaming other people- those in active sin do not inherit the kingdom’ ‘have friendships with people who are struggling with sin- don’t be a Pharisee’.

MONDAY AFTERNOON- Today some of the college crowd had some good questions ‘what about the end of the world- and the 2nd coming of Christ’.

Good question [note- after just a couple of weeks hanging out- not bringing up ‘the God’ thing- yet- over time it’s like any other ‘crew’].

Ok- I taught a bit about ‘end of the world’ stuff- this can get deep- and this is indeed one of the subjects I plan on covering in these weekly videos.

In short.

The bible uses different Geek words for World.

And when Jesus talks about ‘the end of the world’.

The word he uses is not for earth/planet- but age [meaning a time period].

In some ways the ‘end of the world’ already happened.

Huh?

At the time of Christ- he instituted a new ‘age’ [which is the actual word used in this context].

So- Jesus’ death and resurrection brought in a new age/time period- some refer to it as ‘the age of Grace’.
So today- in a sense- we are in a new age [world].

Now- the technical word for understanding some of the end time’s verses like this is called ‘Preterism’.

I’m not a full Preterist [they believe there are no references to ‘the end of the world’ in the normal way- and they each teach 2nd coming already happened].

I’m not in that camp- but- there is truth to what I just taught above.

One of the guys said ‘I like the way you do it- you don’t push it’.

As I sat down at my spot- he said ‘is it ok if I sit with you’.

Sure can kid- sure can.

Play Music
"The World I Know"

Has our conscience shown?
Has the sweet breeze blown?
Has all kindness gone?
Hope still lingers on.
I drink myself of newfound pity
Sitting alone in New York City
And I don't know why.

Are we listening?
Hymns of offering.
Have we eyes to see?
Love is gathering.
All the words that I've been reading
Have now started the act of bleeding
Into one.

So I walk up on high
And I step to the edge
To see my world below.
And I laugh at myself
While the tears roll down.
'Cause it's the world I know.
It's the world I know.















facebook.com/john.chiarello.5
ccoutreach87.wordpress.com


No comments:

Post a Comment