Saturday, May 26, 2012


1841- ATHEIST SUNDAY SCHOOL?


We had an interesting news week.

I saw a clip from Penn Gillette- the comedian/atheist/magician.

Yeah- he was raging against the President.

Why?

Because Obama supports tough laws against pot smoking- and he at the same time was a pot smoker.

Now- at first I did not understand the ‘guttural’ anger.

That was until I read some of the reports about Obama’s past.

Like most people- I knew that he toked a joint or 2 in high school, and I just chalked it up to growing up in the 70’s/80’s.

Sure- we all did stupid stuff.

 I thought the high heels on my shoes were cool- I still remember how proud I felt when my dad painted my room with red, white and blue stripes and stars- ‘just wait until the girls see this!’

But after I read some of the articles on Obama- I was actually surprised that he basically was the biggest ‘pot head’ at his school.

Why surprised?

Look- it wasn’t just a toke or 2- it was the whole image of the Cheech and Chong thing.

The reports said how he coined the term 'T.A.’ Total Absorption.

He had this thing that of you wasted the ‘precious Hawaiian weed’ you were looked down on.

He also started a trend where you all light up- and sit in the car- the car fills with pot and you do not roll the windows down until all the pot is gone- consumed by the guys in the car.

There were many pictures of Obama with a joint- scenes where the car is pot filled- they showed the ‘pot van’ they all used.

Obama even coined another term ‘interception’ when they guys were passing the joint around- he would grab the joint out of turn and say ‘intercepted’.

Now- does all this mean he should not be Pres.?

Not really- but I had no idea he was the biggest pot head on the Hawaiian Island!

I mean I now see how his old buddies must be laughing about the whole thing.

They really pulled a fast one on the public.

I read this from a liberal news site- Huffington Post- as well as more conservative ones- it seems like the story is true.

There were lots of pictures and names- and even the nicknames they used- all pot head type stuff.

Now I see why Penn was mad- he ranted on his on line Sunday School program- he is a libertarian- against the drug laws- and he said if Obama was ever caught doing this stuff he would have been arrested and had a record and would have never been Pres.

But then he still supports tough pot laws- that- in his mind- are ruining the futures of many other kids.

Yeah- got it.

Facebook IPO- a mess.

Okay- to all my Facebook family- Dad [Zuckerberg] had a bad week.

As most of you know- Facebook went public this week.

For the first time- you can now buy stock in the company.

The opening price was 38 dollars a share.

I think today it’s around 31- not good.

What happened?

Lots of stuff.

The Nasdaq- the tech arm that lists most internet/computer stock- messed up.

On opening day the purchasers [and sellers] were delayed for a couple of hours during trading.

That’s bad.

Why?

If you think your buying at say 34 dollars- and it takes 2 hours to go thru- and you find out you bought at 40- not good.

So you have lawsuits being filed as I speak.

Also- it’s kind of complicated- but the way Morgan Stanley [the bank that financed the initial offering] went about offering stock- they seem to have blown the deal.

Right up until the day before the stock sale- lots of institutional investors had their bids in.

These are the big hedge fund guys and all.

Now- they expected to get so many shares for the money they put down.

When the actual sale went thru- to their surprise- they had lots more than they thought.

It spooked them.

The reason for this was Facebook and the bank decided to put more shares for sale than originally thought.

This caught the investors off guard and added to the fear.

There are a few more things that went wrong- all in all in was not a good day for Facebook.

I like Facebook- I try not to criticize it- it gives us all a free venue to ‘vent’- but this thing went bad- fast.

Some thought the company was valued too high for the projected income- that other tech companies that went public [Google] were bought and sold at a much cheaper price- compared to the amount of projected income- so there were lots of things wrong with this offering.

And last.

I was surprised to see the president loosing over 40% of the Democrat vote in some of these primaries.

Obama is running unchallenged- and yet he is losing lots of the vote- to either unknown candidates [they simply vote- other] or to guys in prison!

Yes- a guy sitting in jail here in Texas got over 40% of the vote- amazing [and this was a primary in another state!]

Alaska, Kentucky and West Va. all had a huge percentage of Dems vote against Obama.

I do think the odds of him suffering a loss- maybe a big loss- is very real.

James Carville- the ragin cagin Dem strategist has warned about this- he thinks the Dems are taking this election too lightly.

He sees the writing on the wall.

He’s asking ‘what are you all high or what’.

No Jim- it’s called total absorption.








Note- Do me a favor, those who read/like the posts- re-post them on other sites as well as the site you read them on. Thanks- John. Don’t forget to ‘click’ the note App on my Facebook Profile- I have posted lots.




No comments:

Post a Comment